This 10-Minute Tomato Basil Tortelli is a simple medley of 5 quality ingredients that will make your taste buds sing. Tender tomato basil stuffed pasta in a light tomato sauce with Italian-style sausage, fresh garlic and aged pecorino calabrese cheese.
10-Minute Tomato Basil Tortelli
We are getting into the busy holiday season and everyone has their focus on the upcoming festivities and big family gatherings.
But that is still months away and in the meantime we need deliciously simple dishes like this 10-Minute Tomato Basil Tortelli.
I am slowly learning to cook for 2 now that it is just me and Paul in the casa. Admittedly we have been eating out a lot more but I have also been grabbing great deals on my now bi-weekly shopping trips.
Add in a few kitchen hacks plus my favorite upscale foodie shortcuts and we are business. My Kale And Mushroom Fried Rice is another quick meal, it only takes 15 minutes to make!
Because who can resist a deal on quality aged Italian cheeses and fresh pasta!
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ pound mild Italian sausage
- 1-2 gloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 14-ounce can Italian-style stewed or diced tomatoes
- 1 8-ounce package fresh tomato basil tortelli
- ¼ cup fresh grated pecorino calabrese cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, reserve 1 cup salted pasta water.
- While pasta cooks heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage, break up with a wooden spoon. Brown 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in garlic, cook 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes with juice, bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to low, simmer 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add pasta to sauce, adjust sauce consistency with pasta water if desired.
- Top with cheese and serve immediately.