msg 4 21+ This post for Chipotle Brown Sugar Cornish Hens is written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. #CheersToAPerfectPair #CollectiveBias
Take your Friendsgiving menu to a new level with these Sweet Chipotle Cornish Hens and roasted seasonal vegetables. Pair this simple, yet elegant dish with your favorite red wine for a festive holiday meal.
We keep talking about how the holidays are going to be a new experience in the casa kitchen this year.
Sweet Chipotle Cornish Hens
The kiddo is on track to graduate basic training in December then heads off to his first duty station. And we just had an early holiday with Paul’s mini-me since he will be with family in FL.
It is bittersweet to know we have outgrown some of our favorite family traditions, but I am really excited about creating new memories!
Paul and I are definitely doing more adults-only entertaining in our little empty-nest where Tyson® All Natural Premium Cornish Hens and Constellation Wines from Sam’s Club are an elegant addition to our holiday festivities.
Sam’s Club Instant Savings booklet has an offer of $3.75 off Tyson® Cornish Hens 6-packs from 10/26-11/20. Offer is unlimited!
It is so hard to connect with friends during this busy season, so we hosted a Friendsgiving dinner for the casa crew over the weekend to catch-up and celebrate the season.
It felt way too early in the month, until you look at the calendar and realize the big day is less than 2 weeks away!
We all know planning your holiday menu can be a little stressful. Ok, a lot stressful, especially if you are preparing a big meal for a large group.
But who needs that level of anxiety for an evening with friends? Save all that mess for your in-laws!
That’s what I love about these Sweet Chipotle Cornish Hens. Cornish hens seem a little intimidating to cook, but it’s actually very simple and a great option for holiday entertaining.
Check out the video link below for tips from Tyson®.
Cornish hens are an elegant way for each guest to have their own holiday bird. And we made it even easier by roasting the birds and veggies together on one sheet pan!
There is less clean-up and butterflying your Cornish hens helps them cook evenly.
We got creative with sweet potatoes, parsnips, carrots and tart green apples, so get crazy with your favorites vegetables and have a little fun!
Click here to find a Tyson® Cornish Hen + Ravage Cabernet Sauvignon Sam’s Club demo near you on 11/19/16.
The sweet chipotle glaze with a hint of Constellation Ravage Cabernet Sauvignon really makes these Sweet Chipotle Cornish Hens the star of the show!
We served the Sweet Chipotle Cornish Hens right from the sheet pans along with a simple side salad. It’s a neat way to eat ‘family-style’ with other couples.
Each couple was able to customize their veggie choice too.
You could fit more than 2 Cornish hens on a larger baking sheet depending on the number of people you are feeding.
Just remember not to crowd them too much!
How are you going to incorporate Tyson® Cornish Hens from Sam’s Club into your holiday menu?
- 4 Cornish hens
- 6 tablespoons, softened
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 medium Idaho potato
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1-2 green apples
- 2 medium carrots
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line 1-2 large baking sheets with foil, set aside.
- Use a pair of kitchen shears to remove backbones from Cornish hens, discard bones.
- Lay birds breast side up on baking sheets.
- Rub each Cornish hen with 1 tablespoon butter.
- In a small bowl combine spices. Sprinkle each bird evenly with spice mix.
- Cut vegetables into ½ inch pieces. Spread evenly around Cornish hens, drizzle with olive oil. Generously salt and pepper.
- Bake 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350. Bake 40-45 minutes until cooked through.
- Heat butter and brown sugar in a small sauce pan over medium low heat until bubbly. Stir in wine, reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Brush Cornish hens with glaze during last 10 minutes of roasting.
- Garnish vegetables with fresh parsley and serve hot.