Ancho Chile Chicken Street Tacos with Pineapple Salsa ~ Sweet, smokey and spicy street tacos with a refreshing pineapple salsa.
Ancho Chile Chicken Street Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
*Post updated December 5th, 2015. And on April 8th, 2016.
It is pretty amazing to see how much my posts have changed over the last year. This is an old recipe post for Ancho Chile Pineapple Chicken tacos I am reworking so it links back to the Ancho Chile Pineapple Pulled Pork posting tomorrow. This was back when we were casa de la Cargill.
- No text
- No recipe cards
- Iffy (scary, 2016) pictures
On to bigger and better things!
- For the chicken~
- 2 dried ancho chilies
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. red pepper flake
- Place dried chilies in a bowl, cover with boiling water. Let sit 10-15 minutes until softened. Drain, remove seeds and stems. Roughly chop and set aside.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add olive oil and chicken to pot, brown on all sides. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add half the onions and red bell pepper to pot with additional oil if needed, sauté 3-4 minutes. Stir in garlic, reconstituted chilies, cumin and red pepper flake; cook 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the pineapple juice, chicken stock, water and soy sauce. Scrape bits off the bottom of pan with a spatula. Puree mixture with an immersion blender.
- Return chicken to pan. Bring to a low boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered 20-25 minutes.
- Carefully shred chicken with 2 forks. Stir in remaining cilantro.
- Serve chicken in corn tortillas topped with shredded lettuce and pineapple salsa.