Satisfy your inner southern belle with a plate of BBQ Fried Chicken Tacos topped with Honey Whiskey Barbecue Glaze and Apple Poppyseed Cole Slaw. Tender pieces of southern fried chicken drizzled with tangy barbecue sauce then topped with a sweet, creamy poppy seed coleslaw.
BBQ Fried Chicken Tacos
Your #tacoTuesday game guaranteed to be strong with these BBQ Fried Chicken Tacos! Some dishes are just made to be customized and tacos are at the top of the list.
All I have to do is adapt some of our favorite recipes, toss everything into a tortilla and we are business. This is Paul’s favorite day of the week.
We had these delicious pulled pork sandwiches recently with my Honey Whiskey Barbecue Glaze and a simple coleslaw that were simply divine. And the combo was spot on!
With the kid heading down south for basic training it has really made me think about my time in service. And all the amazing foodie experiences all the way. Things like crispy tender friend chicken.
They are so darn pretty I had to take a ton of pictures!
And the Apple Poppy Seed Coleslaw is pure seasonal magic!
What is your favorite unique taco idea? Shame ideas in the comments!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Canola oil for frying
- Desired amount of Apple Poppy Seed Coleslaw
- Desired amount of Honey Whiskey Barbecue Sauce
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Heat 2 inches oil in a large Dutch oven to 350 degrees.
- Place flour and seasonings in a larger plastic zippered bag. Seal and toss to combine.
- Add chicken. Seal bag and toss to cot chicken.
- Working in batches fry chicken, 3-5 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Place on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Build tacos topping with barbecue sauce and coleslaw. Serve immediately.