Unwind from the day with a simple, yet melt in-your-mouth delicious, Beef Tenderloin Tacos and a cold one.
Thinly sliced spicy beef tenderloin topped with a classic pico de gallo and shredded locally sourced greens.
Are you really surprised to see another taco post?
Beef Tenderloin Tacos
When I joke around that we eat a lot of tacos I am not joking. In fact, I keep telling Paul I want to write a tacos-only cookbook!
It’s common for us to turn leftovers, like my Spicy Beef Tenderloin, into a tortilla wrapped delight.
Speaking of tortillas, where do you stand? Corn or flour? Soft or crunchy?
Paul is traditional lightly fried corn tortillas all the way. I love a good flour tortilla for tacos, burritos, quesadillas… you get the idea!
We kept the toppings simple so the beef could really shine through. A little avocado, cojita cheese and a squeeze on lime would be great too!
How would you top these Beef Tenderloin Tacos?
- 2 pounds thinly sliced Spicy Beef Tenderloin, roughly chopped
- 6-8 corn tortillas
- Oil for frying
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeds removed & roughly chopped
- ½ small red or white onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- Desired amount of cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup shredded lettuce.
- Add enough oil to just cover the bottom of a large skillet. Bring to medium heat.
- Lightly fry tortillas on each side, set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- Add remaining ingredients except lettuce to a food processor or blender, pulse until desired consistency.
- Top tortillas with steak, salsa and shredded lettuce. Serve warm.