Thank you Born Sweet Zing™ Stevia Sweetener and Collective Bias, Inc. for sponsoring this post. Try Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener for a taste of sweet excitement! All opinions are my own. #SweetExcitement #CollectiveBias
Tart berries and fresh herbs meld together in this creamy, bubbly Blackberry Basil Italian Cream Soda.
Blackberry Basil Italian Cream Soda
For the last few weeks we have been tenderly nursing our herbs plants, trying to out-smart the already brutal Arizona summer heat. It’s tough on all of us but especially our little green friends.
I would love to have a full-sized garden complete with fruits, veggies and an abundance of herbs right at my slightly green fingers tips. Unfortunately my midwest gardening experience does me little good.
I have never really mastered growing in this climate, makes me appreciate the guys at the farmers market even more!
We have been lightening things up around the casa kitchen with lots of fresh salads like this Mandarin Chicken Salad, adding plenty of fresh fruits and veggies to the menu and even putting a sweet twist on our favorite beverages with Born Sweet Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener.
Find Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener at a store near you!
I love that it is made with real ingredients, adds the perfect sweetness, and has zero calories. Paul has been digging the extra sweetness in his coffee the last few weeks and it goes great in the kid’s favorite sweet tea.
Try a free sample of Born Sweet Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener today!
My green thumb may not be as successful as I’d like but we do have a few small pots with basil, mint, sage, dill and thyme. The basil was getting a little crazy so I trimmed her back and picked 10-12 good-sized leaves. They put a fresh twist to the blackberry syrup I made with Born Sweet Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener.
BTW the syrup is great in iced tea or even drizzled over ice cream! But especially in a Blackberry Basil Italian Cream Soda!
Give your taste buds something new and amaZING to be excited about – try new Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener for yourself!
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 4-6 packets Born Sweet Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup fresh basil
- Half and half
- Seltzer water, chilled
- Add berries, sweetener and water to a medium sauce pan. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in basil, remove from heat and steep 30 minutes.
- Layer a mesh strainer with cheese cloth, place over a large bowl. Strain berry mixture from syrup in strainer. Squeeze excess juices from cheese cloth into bowl, discard cloth.
- Pour seltzer over ice in a chilled glass, top with desired amount of syrup.
- Top with a splash of half and half and serve immediately.
- Store remaining syrup in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.