Simple, delicious Bruschetta Pork Kabobs are perfect for all your summer celebrations!
Cooking for holidays is my thing and grilling poolside is pretty standard during the summer. This year rather than stress for days over a complicated menu I selected quick recipes that could be prepared ahead of time. Kabobs are a fun way to mix your meat and veggies for the grill.
Bruschetta makes me think of relaxing summer afternoons; snacking on fresh, local food while enjoying a full-bodied glass of wine. My thoughts buzzing lazily around like a bee searching for nectar…
Why not take the fresh flavors of my favorite summer appetizer and make them grill-worthy! I love that this recipes combines produce from the farmers market with locally sourced olive oil and fresh basil grown in the casa kitchen! I discovered the basil olive oil while touring The Queen Creek Olive Mill last month. (check it out, you can purchase products online!)
Take some pressure off yourself by preparing these Bruschetta Pork Kabobs the night before your celebration. I marinated the pork for about an hour then prepared the skewers. Store in an airtight container until you are ready for them the next day. Brush a little extra basil olive oil on them right before grilling for a flavor boost.
What are you grilling this holiday weekend?
- 2 pounds pork loin roast, cut into ½ inch cubes
- ⅓ cup basil infused olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- ½ tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, cut into ½ pieces
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons finely chopped basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8-12 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Place pork, basil olive oil, garlic and dried seasoning in a plastic storage bag; toss to coat evenly. Marinate at least 30 minutes. Can be prepared the night before.
- Prepare grill to medium heat according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Heat balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium low heat. Simmer until reduced by half. Set aside.
- Place alternating pieces of pork, onion and tomato on each skewer; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill to desired doneness, 3-5 minutes per side. Brush with balsamic reduction during last 1-2 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from grill. Sprinkle with chopped basil and serve hot.