This Buffalo Chicken Chili has everything you love about classic buffalo wings in an easy-to-make slow cooker chili recipe. Tender chunks of ranch seasoned grilled chicken, carrots, celery and creamy white beans in a spicy buffalo broth.
Buffalo Chicken Chili
It’s football season which means chips and dips, chili, nachos and more sub-sandwiches then you can count. And wings. Lots and lots of wings. Who needs the mess though when you can have a bowl of this hearty Buffalo Chicken Chili instead. Sometimes you just have to put a twist on your favorite snack foods!
I have been craving wings for the last few weekends. But I have been too lazy to make them. Not to mention it is still too hot to fire up the fryer or run the oven.
Most of my tailgate goodies have been slow cooker recipes. We just had this Slow Cooker Caroline Pulled Pork that disappeared before the final touchdown of the night!
I briefly thought about making wings in the slow cooker like I do with my 5-Ingredient Orange Glazed Chicken Wings. But I told you I was feeling lazy and eating off the bone is a lot of effort.
Sad but true folks. We ate this in bed on a Saturday afternoon.
Besides chili makes great leftovers, it just gets better the next day. Plus everyone can customize their chili with toppings.
Buffalo Chicken Chili Toppings
I served our Buffalo Chicken Chili with traditional wing sides for garnishes, but you could pile on your fave chili toppings too. Go ahead and sneak some grated Monterey jack cheese in there because chili and cheese are like peanut butter and jelly in my book!
Ranch dressing mix gives the chicken a nice flavor and I sear my chicken in chunks. You could sear whole breasts then chop them but I like to get that crust on all sides of the meat. And I am just not a fan of shredded chicken in chili.
Play around with the liquid amounts to get reached the consistency you like. I made this batch a little soupier than a chili would normally be and upped the buffalo sauce to get extra heat. You could also serve buffalo sauce on the side.
What is your favorite tailgate snack? Are you a chili fan?
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pound fresh chicken tenders, cut into equal bite-sized pieces
- 1 packet ranch dressing seasoning
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans white beans, drained and rinse
- 4-6 cups chicken stock
- ½-1 cup buffalo sauce
- Garnish suggestions~
- Diced celery with leaves
- Grated Monterey jack
- Feta or blue cheeses
- Ranch dressing
- Blue cheese dressing
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Place chicken pieces and ranch dressing seasoning in a large plastic zippered bag. Seal and toss to coat.
- Working in batches, sear chicken 1 minute on both sides. Place browned chicken in a slow cooker.
- Pout 1 cup chicken stock to skillet, scrape bits on bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon or spatula. Pour liquid into slow cooker.
- Add vegetables and beans to slow cooker.
- Pour in desired amount of chicken stock and buffalo sauce.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-4.
- Serve hot with desired garnishes.