These spicy Buffalo Grilled Chicken Tacos have all your favorite game day flavors wrapped up in a flour tortilla. Buffalo marinated chicken breast grilled to perfection then topped with creamy ranch dressing and a simple carrot celery slaw.
Buffalo Grilled Chicken Tacos
I love the people I meet through blogging! Last month shortly after the accident when I was having a tough time navigating around the casa kitchen, our favorite local pizza joint, Jimmy & Joes Pizzeria, was kind enough to hook us up with more food than we could eat in a weekend!
The casa crew has been snacking on JJP goodies for the last few years, then through a few random happenings online, I connected with one of the owners and found out we know people in common. Since then Amy and I have been social media buddies even though we have yet to meet in person.
You know we love to support local business, and the JJP folks are the epitome of why!
Part of our JJP get-well-soon delivery was a bottle of their spicy buffalo sauce and enough ranch to last a lifetime. I don’t know how they make the spicy stuff, but my guess is a combo of buffalo sauce and Italian dressing.
Since we love it on our pizza, it was only natural we would love it on tacos too! It made an amazing marinade for our Buffalo Grilled Chicken Tacos and now you can have my version of then at home.
And if you love tacos as much as we do, you need my BBQ Fried Chicken Tacos. Because today is Tuesday which means tacos all day long!
Do you love tacos? And small business? Leave a comment with your fave local joint!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup buffalo sauce, divided
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1 large carrot, cut into 2 inch matchsticks
- 2 ribs celery, cut into 2 inch matchsticks
- 2 scallions chopped, green part only
- Ranch dressing for garnish
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Place chicken, ¾ cup buffalo sauce and ¾ cup Italian dressing in a large zippered plastic bag. Seal and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl whisk together remaining buffalo sauce and dressing, set aside.
- Heat a grill pan large cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade, blot excess marinade with paper towels.
- Grill chicken 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Roughly chop chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Prepare tortillas, fill with desired amount of chicken.
- Garnish tacos with desired toppings.