Have dinner on the table in about 15 minutes with this Chicken Chorizo Spinach Orecchiette. Flavorful chicken chorizo, golden grape tomatoes, fresh spinach and white wine with tender ‘little ear’ shaped pasta.
Chicken Chorizo Spinach Orecchiette
We eat a lot of chicken because it is affordable and we are always on a tight budget! Building a business has it’s fair share of financial hurdles so I am always looking for ways to stretch a buck in the casa kitchen.
But you can only eat so many chicken tacos before dinner gets boring, even for my guys. That’s when I like to mix it up with different kinds of chicken sausages. Many grocery stores carry seasoned, ground chicken in the butcher case. It may be in a bulk package or in sausage casings. If they are sausages just cut open the casing and scoop out the meat.
I am working on a Caliente Chicken Mac and Cheese for the kid which calls for chicken sausage full of onions and colorful diced peppers. Seasoned meats are a great way to add flavor to a dish without needing a ton of spiced on hand.
I use Italian chicken sausage in my Creamy Italian Chicken Sausage Penne Skillet . It’s mixed with al dente penne pasta in a rich creamy tomato sauce topped with a blend of Italian cheeses and fresh basil. So yummy!
- ½ pound orecchiette pasta
- ½ pound chicken chorizo sausage
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pint golden grape tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks heat a large non-stick covered skillet over medium heat.
- Add chorizo, shallots and garlic. Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in tomatoes and wine, let cook 1-2 minutes.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 3-4 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet.
- Stir in spinach until wilted. Serve immediately.