Chicken Sausage Breakfast Nachos are the best of so many worlds. Savory chicken breakfast sausage, spicy pepper jack queso, black beans and lots of veggies layered with crispy tortilla chip then topped with a fried egg!
Chicken Sausage Breakfast Nachos
Ever have one of those days when you can’t decide what you want to eat? Should it be breakfast for dinner, snacks all day or how about a combination of both?!
Last Tuesday was my Friday and unwinding was high on my to-do list. Which means experimenting in the casa kitchen with fun recipes. Since it really was Tuesday, my mind automatically wanders towards tacos. Last week we had these divine Boozy Blueberry Carnitas Soft Tacos with blueberry pico.
But I really wanted breakfast for dinner. Breakfast burritos are a casa crew fave, not what I was in the mood for. After scrounging the pantry for ideas the lightbulb went on! The best breakfast nachos you can image with this creamy Pepper Jack queso.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ salsa
- 2½ cups freshly grated pepper jack cheese.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add flour and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in milk, sour cream and salsa. Simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Add cheese, stir until melted and smooth.
The great thing about these nachos is you can customize them however you want! I had chicken breakfast sausage, black beans and corn on hand, but you could mix it up with refried beans or pinto beans and add what veggies you want! Bell peppers, jalapeno, radishes, avocado, etc…
You will notice the recipe doesn’t have ingredients amounts for some items, because who am I am to tell you how to build your ultimate nachos? Think of this as an outline where you fill in the blanks…
Needless to say these were a big hit with the guys! At least what was left of them after I devoured half the sheet pan! I had to fry more eggs too, because 2 weren’t enough for them!
What would you put on your breakfast nachos?
- 1 pound chicken breakfast sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Pepper Jack queso
- 2-4 eggs
- Butter for frying
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place ½ cup chips on baking sheet and sprinkle with ½ grated cheese. Layer with ½ chicken sausage, beans, corn and onions. Drizzle with desired amount of pepper jack queso.
- Repeat another layer with remaining ingredients.
- Bake 6-8 minutes until cheese melts.
- While nachos bake heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add butter and fry eggs to desired doneness.
- Garnish with cilantro, tomato and a squeeze of lime.
- Place fried eggs on nachos.