Chipotle Chicken Mac and Cheese Skillet is full of tender chicken and al dente elbow macaroni in a cheesy chipotle sauce. Delicious and easy to make in one pan. Great for weeknight meals!
Chipotle Chicken Mac and Cheese Skillet
This week’s skillet meal is for the kid! He loves mac and cheese with a passion, especially if it’s spicy! And I am down with any recipe that only takes one pan.
Tomorrow night is the JROTC awards ceremony, his last one of high school. It blows my mind he is graduating in a few weeks. Paul is already prepared for the outpouring of motherly emotion when they call the seniors on stage.
So this is one if for my baby boy who is all grown up. And did I mention how absolutely amazing he is?
Yes, I might be a little biased, but that is completely allowed. So hug your kids, then make them this delicious Chipotle Chicken Mac and Cheese Skillet!
And if you like spicy chipotle flavors you will love my Chipotle Bourbon Porky Beans!
- 1-2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ pound chicken tenders, cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chipotle pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- ½ tablespoon oregano
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- ¼ cup half and half
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro for garnish, optional
- Heat oil in a large covered skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken, sear on all sides. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion, sauté 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in garlic, pepper, adobe sauce and oregano. Cook 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in stock, pasta and chicken, bring to a low boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 7-8 minutes.
- Mix in half and half and cheese, stir until melted. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired. Serve warm.