These Chipotle Cider Pulled Chicken Sliders are spicy, boozy and delicious! Tender pulled chicken, slow-cooked in boozy hard cider and chipotle peppers, piled high on a soft rolls then topped with chipotle BBQ sauce and crisp green apples.
With the weather (somewhat) cooling down in Phoenix we have been outside more enjoying the new bar that Paul built for the patio. It is the perfect place at the end of the day to pull up a stool, enjoy a refreshing cocktail and snack on these Chipotle Cider Pulled Chicken Sliders.
Seriously, what is not to love about boozy, spicy pulled chicken.
I love adding a southwest spin to our favorite dishes and chipotle peppers blend beautifully with the hard apple cider in this recipe. Feel free to adjust the amount of peppers you use depending on your spice preference.
This crockpot friendly pulled chicken is perfect for fall get-togethers and football Sunday. It is as easy as it is delicious. Your friends and family will thank you for making it. And if you have leftovers they are amazing in the mac and cheese recipe I have coming up soon…
Try these sliders and share how much you loved them in the comments!
- 2½- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 2-3 chipotle peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 12-ounce bottle hard apple cider
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 8 slider buns
- 1 green apple, cored and sliced thin
- Add all ingredients except buns and sliders to a crock pot.
- Cook 6 hours until chicken is fall apart tender
- Remove chicken from crockpot and set aside to cool slightly.
- Use an immersion blender or regular blender to puree contents of crockpot.
- Add sauce to a small sauce pan. Heat to medium low until bubbly, reduce heat and simmer until slightly reduced.
- Use forks or your hands to shred chicken.
- Serve pulled chicken on slider buns; top with sauce and apple slices. Serve immediately.