My favorite side dish is one that can be prepare quickly with minimum fuss. These Chipotle Honey Roasted Parsnips fit the bill perfectly. They are sweet and smokey with a hint of tanginess, plus they are ready in about 25 minutes!
You folks know that working with local ingredients is my passion… when I create a dish that is almost 100% local it makes my heart sing. Parsnips are relatively new to the casa kitchen and the guys didn’t know if they would like them. I used familiar flavors to help ease them into it.
Sweet honey is balanced with the heat of adobo sauce. Adobo is the yummy sauce you find canned chipotle peppers swimming in. You only need a tiny amount for this recipe but don’t toss out the rest! You can store the chipotles in an airtight container in the fridge and use it for another recipe like my Chipotle Beef& Bean Nachos.
Lime zest and juice enhance the sweet smokey combo by giving it all a nice tang. I will have to admit that limes are by far probably my favorite citrus. They are wonderful in recipes and most importantly… cocktails! lol
Try these amazing Honey Chipotle Roasted Parsnips for Easter and let me know what you think!
the new Mrs. B
- 2 pound parsnips, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced root to tip
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place parsnips on a parchment lined baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt. Roast approximately 20 minutes until tender.
- Whisk together honey, adobo sauce, lime juice and zest.
- Place hot parsnips in serving bowl, drizzle with honey sauce. Toss to coat completely, salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.