Back-to-school time is right around the corner and easy recipes like my Creamy Beef Tips and Broccoli Skillet are perfect for busy weeknights. Savory beef tips with roasted broccoli in a creamy roasted garlic sauce. Have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes with only one pan to clean-up!
School starts back the first week of August but a lot of activities are already gearing up. The kid has JROTC command duties starting the last week of the July so I am already planning out easy, weeknight recipes like this delicious Creamy Beef Tips and Broccoli Skillet. I love skillet meals like my Cilantro Lime Chicken & Rice Skillet or my Chicken Enchilada Rice Skillet.
Roasted garlic is the real star of this dish. 6 cloves seems like a lot but once garlic is roasted it loses it’s bite and develops a sweet, mellow flavor. It just melts away, combining with the heavy cream to create a heavenly sauce. Feel free to add more than 6 cloves if you really, really love roasted garlic. I do and I did!
Are you ready for back-to-school? What is your favorite 1 pan dish?
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 pound beef of choice, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium shallot, finely diced
- 6-8 cloves roasted garlic, smashed to a paste
- 1½ cup chicken stock
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. In a large bowl toss broccoli florets with 1 tablespoon oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pan roast broccoli until slightly charred, 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduced heat to medium; add remaining oil and beef to skillet. Sear meat 1-2 minutes, stir in shallot and roasted garlic. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in stock; scrape bits off bottom of skillet. Mix in noodles and bring to a low boil. Cover skillet, reduce heat and simmer 6-8 minutes. Remove lid and stir in heavy cream. Simmer uncovered 3-4 minutes until slightly thickened. Stir in broccoli, salt and pepper to taste.