This Creamy Chipotle Lime Dressing is the perfect south of the border substitute for boring old ranch dressing. Greek yogurt is jazzed up with tangy lime juice, spicy chipotle peppers and cilantro.
Creamy Chipotle Lime Dressing
I feel like there are a million different scratch-made salad dressings and vinaigrettes I can dream up based around a few casa pantry staples. There are always limes, cilantro, honey, cumin, oregano and chipotle peppers in adobe sauce in the casa kitchen.
Just imagine all the dreamy concoctions you can make with these simple ingredients. Like this Creamy Chipotle Lime Dressing which is amazing in my Fish Taco Mason Jar Salads.
See there are just so many different flavor combos you can try. Add sour cream or Greek yogurt for creaminess. Flavored oils are also an excellent way to enhance and add more oomph to your dressings.
What is your favorite Southwest inspired salad dressing? What would you like to see me make next?
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup lime juice (juice from 2-3 limes)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobe sauce, finely minced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a lidded jar. Close lid, shake vigorously to combine.
- Use immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
- If refrigerating, shake thoroughly before using.