This Creamy Fiesta Corn Casserole is pure comfort food full of colorful peppers and cheese. A great side dish for fall potlucks and tailgate parties.
This was one of the first recipes I posted after losing my job in March 2014 and making the decision to blog full-time. Be sure to look at the original picture at the bottom! Paul was promoted around the same time and had a team of his own to manage.
Creamy Fiesta Corn Casserole
He wanted to break the ice with his new people and food always brings folks together, so why not have a potluck.
My simple Creamy Fiesta Corn Casserole is always a favorite with the casa crew and it was his first choice. Plus the recipe is easier doubled for larger crowds.
I used a variety of bell peppers but it is equally delicious with green chile or fresh poblano peppers. Jalapeno peppers add a nice kick too!
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ medium green bell pepper, diced*
- ½ medium orange bell pepper, diced*
- 1 jalapeño, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ tablespoon flour
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup half & half
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter or spray a 9x9 inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add olive oil, butter, onion, peppers and a pinch of salt, sauté 4-5 minutes until soft. Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Sprinkle in flour; cook for 1 minute. Stir in chicken stock.
- Stir in half & half, sour cream and cheese. Fold corn into cream mixture, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour corn mixture into baking dish. Top with panko bread crumbs and bake 25-30 minutes until brown and bubbly.
- *Any variety/combination of peppers can be used.
I hope you like my Creamy Fiesta Corn Casserole as much as my crew does. If you love this Tex-Mex inspired recipe, you can find more like it by checking out my Side Dish section! For recipe inspiration delivered to your inbox, subscribe to my newsletter, follow my photography journey on Instagram, and for generally inappropriate humor follow like me on Facebook!