4 lbs. bone-in skin-on chicken quarters (approximately 4-5 pieces)
2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Rinse the chicken, pat dry with paper towels and place on the baking sheet.
3. Rub with olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
4. Roast chicken at 425° for 15 minutes. Turn oven temperature down to 375° and continue to cook until the chicken’s internal temperature is 160°** or juices run clear, approximately 25-35 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven; cover and let rest for about 10 minutes before serving with your favorite side dish. You can also remove the meat from the bones, shred and use in a number of different recipes.
** Cooks Note~ The ideal internal temperature for chicken is 165°. Chicken will continue to cook once you remove it from the oven and let it rest.
Prep time~ 5 minutes
Cook Time~ 40-50 minutes