We are almost there folks! The site should be done in the next week and a half… In the meantime check out this amazing mac& cheese. Savory pork, smokey green chilies, melty cheese and it’s ready in less than 30 minutes! You just can’t go wrong with this one.
the new Mrs. B
- 1 pound elbow macaroni noodles
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup roasted green chilies, skinned, seeded and diced (substitute 2 cans diced green chilies, drained)
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½-¼ teaspoon red pepper flake
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups whole milk, room temperature
- 1½ cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare noodles al dente according to package directions. Drain and reserve ½ cup of the cooking water.
- While the pasta cooks heat a large cast iron or nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add pork, break up with a spatula or wooden spoon and cook until slightly browned, 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add onions, green chilies and garlic to skillet. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flake. Sautee 4-5 minutes until soft.
- Stir flour into mixture and cook 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk. Reduce heat to low and simmer 4-5 minutes until mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove skillet from heat; add drained pasta and cheese. Stir until combined and cheese melts. Salt and pepper to taste. Add small amount of cooking water if pasta is too thick. Serve immediately.
The following local vendors contributed to this recipe~
Circle Key Farms, Eloy AZ
One Windmill Farm, Queen Creek AZ
Crooked Sky Farms, Phoenix AZ
Arizona Cheese Company, Tempe AZ