This Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Salsa is a sweet and savory combination of grilled fruits and veggies mixed with a Homemade Teriyaki Glaze.
Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Salsa
Sometimes a good idea goes off course; but rather than end up a disaster quickly tossed in the trash it becomes a culinary wonder. That is exactly how I feel about this Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Salsa.
Sometimes I will top grilled pineapple with a dollop of whipped mascarpone and a drizzle of honey for dessert.
In this case I was making a topping for chicken sliders and decided to grill everything in order to enhance the natural sweetness. I have been itching to try something new and a Homemade Teriyaki Glaze was the perfect Asian flair for the chicken.
And that’s when the lightbulb went off… why not mix a little into the topping too! And Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Salsa was born!
What would you top with this delicious concoction?
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cored
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut in half
- 2 small red onion, cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- Desired amount of Homemade Teriyaki Glaze
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Grill pineapple, pepper, onion and garlic until slight softened.
- Dice ingredients and add to a medium bowl.
- Stir in ginger and teriyaki sauce.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.