This Honey Whiskey Barbecue Glaze is everything you love about summertime grilling in a sweet, tangy, sticky glaze. Slather it on chicken, meatloaf or mix it into your favorite bake bean recipe.
Honey Whiskey Barbecue Glaze
If you are going to grill in the summer you need a good go-to barbecue sauce recipe. But no two sauce recipes are the same.
There are your sweet, smokey tomato-based Kansas City style sauces; your tangy Caroline sauces with a vinegar foundation and everything in between. White sauces, mustard sauces, fruit sauces and spicy south-of-the-border sauces.
Today I am focused on consistency as much as flavor. Because I want this to be more of a glaze than a thicker barbecue sauce. It’s a little thinner but still slow simmered.
But the flavor is out of this world! It is slightly sweet with a tart edge and has plenty of fresh ground black pepper for a little kick. And don’t forget the whiskey!
Because cooking with booze is just what we do in the casa kitchen. Assuming we don’t drink it all first! I added this glaze to our Sunday night meatloaf. Follow me on Snapchat for a look inside the casa kitchen.
What will you brush this smokey Honey Whiskey Barbecue Glaze on first?
- 2 cups ketchup
- ½ cup honey whiskey
- ½ cup chicken stock or water
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a low boil over medium high heat, reduce to low and simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings as desired for personal taste.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.