This Italian Chicken Chili Mac is full of sweet Italian chicken sausage, white beans and spinach in a hearty homestyle red sauce served over spaghetti and topped with parmesan cheese.
Italian Chicken Chili Mac
Chili mac or skyline chili is a favorite of the casa crew, they just love spicy chili ladled over tender pasta that is topped with grated cheese. My mom is from Cincinnati and she taught me about this delicious regional dish.
I have made several different versions of this midwest classic and I think this is by far my favorite one! Sweet Italian chicken sausage is a casa crew fave and I added fresh spinach for a unique twist.
I love that is it slow-cooked like homemade with real ingredients and no high fructose corn syrup. It’s delicious right out of the jar with no need to doctor it up!
Serve over your favorite pasta and top with plenty of grated parmesan cheese. We opted for spaghetti but it is also great over elbow noodles or penne pasta!
Check out the new Ragu Homestyle sauces here!
What unique pasta dish will you make with the new Ragu Homestyle sauces?
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian chicken sausage
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar Homestyle Ragu sauce, Traditional flavor
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups packed spinach
- 1 pound pasta
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Heat oil a large dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add sausage, break up and cook 4-5 minutes.
- Add pepper, onion and garlic, cook 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sauce and beans, reduce heat to low and simmer 8-10 minutes.
- Mix in spinach.
- While sauce simmers prepare pasta according to package directions and drain.
- To serve top desired amount of pasta with sauce and cheese. Serve immediately.