This hearty Kale And Mushroom Fried Rice is ready in under 15 minutes with the help of one tasty shortcut. Seasonal Tuscan kale and a variety of mushrooms stir fried with yellow bell peppers, green onions, garlic and ginger.
Kale And Mushroom Fried Rice
This week I tried two foods that don’t typically get my palate poppin’, fish tacos and a mushroom pasta. Both times I was pleasantly surprised with the results and it occurred to me there are plenty of food I haven’t tried in years because I don’t THINK I like them
My goal is to try new things in the casa kitchen. New recipes, new kitchen hacks and new shortcuts like Dorot products. These fresh frozen herbs are a game-changer folks. Imagine not having to throw out wilted herbs again, or having to chop and dice and mince ingredients for a recipe!
The crushed ginger was just what I needed for this Kale And Mushroom Fried Rice. Yep, we are trying new things. It’s the first meatless dish Paul has completely approved of without giving me ‘the look.’
I also grabbed Dorot Chopped Basil while we were in the frozen veggie section because I am always killing our plants, I’ve never gotten the hang of gardening in Arizona.
With Dorot you can have fresh frozen garlic and herbs like parsley, dill or my favorite, cilantro, right at your finger tips. They even have glazed onions!
How will you elevate your plate with Dorot?
- 2-3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-3 scallions, green part only thinly sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, largely diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, desired variety
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 cups roughly chopped Tuscan kale, loosely packed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup day old rice
- Keep a large wok or cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil, eggs and green onions. Cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Mix in bell pepper and mushrooms. Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in garlic and ginger, cook 1 minute.
- Add kale and soy sauce, tossing until slightly wilted.
- Mix in rice, fry 2-3 minutes until crispy. Add more oil to skillet if needed.
- Serve immediately.