Sweet and tangy Lemon Blueberry Muffins are the perfect spring brunch treat. Packed full of blueberries and drizzled with a lemon glaze they are bursting with flavor.
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
The bestie stopped over last week to visit and brought me a big bag of lemons from his backyard. Citrus is rampant right now and people are literally giving it away!
I have been on a baking spree lately, with the weather heating up time is limited before it just gets too hot! And I knew those lemons would go perfectly with the blueberries I picked up that day. I even used some in a Blueberry Mojito Sugar Scrub this week!
The recipe for these Lemon Blueberry Muffins is an adaptation of the sweet muffins my mom use to make from the Betty Crocker cookbook. That poor thing is so tattered I have to use big rubber bands to keep it together! I can remember my mom pulling it out whenever we baked.
Now it is my go-to for basic baking recipes!
I made 6 extra-large muffins using this muffin tin, but you could use a standard muffin tin and get 12 muffins. The glaze on top is a simple mix of confectioners or powdered sugar and lemon juice. It really amps up the sweet and tangy flavors of the Lemon Blueberry Muffins!
- For the muffins~
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter, slightly cooled
- 2¼ cup all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup blueberries
- For the glaze~
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together egg, milk, lemon juice, sugar and melted butter.
- Mix in flour, baking powder and salt until just combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon even amounts of batter into muffin cups.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. Adjust baking time for extra large muffins.
- Let cool 10 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
*this post contains affiliate links