These sweet and smoky Maple Glazed Poblano Carrots are the perfect Mother’s Day side dish. Roasted baby carrots and poblano peppers glazed with sweet maple syrup.
Maple Glazed Poblano Carrots
Sunday is Mother’s Day and things are going to be a little bittersweet around the casa. Last weekend the kid went through his Army in processing, swore in and signed his contract! He leaves at the end of August for basic training at Fort Benning, GA. After that he is out there in the world on his own.
It truly blows my mind that he is grown up. We spend years taking care of our kids with the idea they will someday be out there on their own, but nothing really prepares you for the experience.
Sure I am going to miss him like crazy, but more than anything I feel an overwhelming sense of pride at the your man he has grown into. He is the best thing I will ever do on this Earth. Hands down the best folks!
All that being said… Hug your kids. Tell your mom you love her and make these Maple Glazed Poblano Carrots! They pair perfectly with my Orange Cherry Cornish Hens.
How are you celebrating Mother’s Day?
- 1-2 pounds baby carrots with tops on
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- Remove carrot tops, leaving 1-2 inch stems. Reserve carrots tops.
- Evenly divide carrots and peppers between baking sheets.
- Lightly drizzle with oil, generously season with salt and pepper.
- Roast 15-20 minutes.
- Whisk together maple syrup and water in a small.
- Brush vegetables with syrup, roast 5 more minutes until tender.
- Serve hot.