Sweet and tangy Peach Barbecue Chicken Pizza is smothered in peach barbecue sauce then topped with tender chicken, tangy red onions, melty Fontina cheese and fresh peaches. Peppery arugula gives it the perfect fresh bite!
Peach Barbecue Chicken Pizza
It’s finally Friday! Whoo-to-the-freaking-hoo! Are you ready to party? NO? Nah, me neither! lol
But I am ready to take off my pants (they are completely optional tonight in the casa) grab a cocktail and nosh on this kick-ass peachy in all-it’s-awesomeness Peach Barbecue Chicken Pizza.
Did any of that make sense? That’s pretty much where my head is… lost.
I mentioned earlier this week that the kid and I went to get his promo tux over the weekend. It is an emotional reminder that he is growing up so damn fast. He showed me the tickets, they have an ‘Under the Big Top’ circus theme, and we chatted about restaurants in the area near the dance location.
They will be twirling the night away under the stars at Schnepf Farms in Queen Creek, AZ which immediately made me think about peach season! I’ve already told Paul I want a day date trip to the farm this season.
Earlier in the week I was playing around with a Peach Barbecue Sauce that is out of this world and couldn’t resist making this Peach Barbecue Chicken Pizza. Store bought pizza dough, leftover chicken, peach slices and fresh greens complete the dish.
I can’t wait to try this sauce in different dishes, it might even be super tasty on pulled pork! But in the meantime this Peach Barbecue Chicken Pizza completely hits the spot! Pair it will a glass of sweet white wine like a Pinot Grigio.
What are your weekend plans? What would you use Peach Barbecue Sauce on?
- 1 pizza dough, homemade or store bought
- 1 cup Peach Barbecue Sauce
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1½ cup grated Fontina cheese
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 1 peach, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1-2 cups packed arugula
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees, place rack in lowest part of oven.
- Stretch dough out on a baking stone or pizza pan.
- Spread desired amount of peach barbecue sauce on dough. Even spread chicken over sauce.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Top with onions and peach slices.
- Bake according to dough directions, 15-17 minutes.
- Top pizza with arugula and serve immediately.