Embrace the end of summer and all its stone fruit glory with these Peach Chipotle Chicken Tacos. Tender grilled chicken that has been marinated in spicy adobe sauce and sweet peach preserves topped with fresh peach slices and tangy Pickled Peach Coleslaw in a warm tortilla.
Peach Chipotle Chicken Tacos
Does anyone know where the last week has gone? I have been working on projects outside the blog and just looked at my editorial calendar, it’s been a week since I shared a new recipe with you folks!
How did that happen! lol
I have been mixing things up a bit around the casa kitchen too, rearranging my schedule so I have the weekends off. When Paul was working for himself we had the freedom to set our own schedules.
But his Monday to Friday gig puts a damper on that and I miss hanging out with my husband.
I know there will be times when deadlines dictate weekend hours but we were actually able to spend this last weekend chilling together.
Part of that was making these delectable end of summer Peach Chipotle Chicken Tacos! Saturday I was cleaning out the casa fridge and as usual the odds and ends I needed to use up landed together in a new recipe.
A batch of my Pickled Peach Coleslaw was the perfect topper too!
I was so please with this marinade and can’t wait to try it again as a glaze on roast chicken this fall or even adapt it into a fun vinaigrette. How would you use it?
- 2 pounds chicken breast tenders
- 1-2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Fresh peach slices, for garnish
- Pickled Peach Coleslaw, for garnish
- Flour tortillas
- Add chicken and remaining ingredients except garnishes to a large sealable plastic bag. Marinate for at least 1 hour. Can be prepared up to a day ahead.
- Heat a large lightly oiled grill pan or cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Blot excess marinade from chicken, grill 3-4 minutes on each side until done.
- Set aside to rest 5 minutes.
- Roughly chop into bite sized pieces.
- Serve in warm tortillas with fresh peach slices and Pickled Peach Coleslaw