Pot Roast Sliders with Pickled Onions are the perfect bite-sized comfort food! Rich and meaty topped with spicy pickled onions.
Pot Roast Sliders with Pickled Onions
Sometimes you just need comfort food. We are dealing with some pretty stressful times around the casa. Money is extremely tight because Paul has customers that are slow to pay on the work he has done. And we have some impending obligations that are making me VERY anxious.
Plus the kid is taking his last final today and graduation is next week.
It has been a lot to deal with the last 2 weeks. So much that I have been burying myself in the casa kitchen hoping to find some clarity.
Not that it’s all stressful right now. I just scored my dream gig with Discover – a blog by World Market® and you can read about in on my Quick Pickled Onion post. Plus I made these amazing Pot Roast Sliders with Pickled Onions.
I love how the tangy, briney pickled onions compliment the rich beefiness of the sliders. They are out of this world good!
What is your favorite comfort food?
- 2-3 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 large carrots, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 3-pound beef roast
- 2-3 tablespoons flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 large bay leaf
- 12 slider buns
- 1 cup Quick Pickled Onions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add onions, cook 3-4 minutes until slightly browned. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Add carrots, cook 3-4 minutes until slightly browned. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Coat roast with flour, generously salt and pepper. Add to pot, brown on all sides. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Pour in broth, scrape bits off bottom of pot.
- Add roast back to pot, top with onions, carrots and bay leaf.
- Cover pot and place in oven. Cook 2-3 hours until fall apart tender.
- Shred beef with forks. Serve on sliders buns, top with pickled onions.