This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerToGo #CollectiveBias
The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
Warm weather salads like this Rosemary White Bean Panzanella Salad are perfect for entertaining on-the-go this summer.
Rosemary White Bean Panzanella
Can you believe it is July already? Our summer break has been so jam packed my poor calendar is screaming for mercy! Paul works a regular shift during the week but blogging doesn’t have set hours so my schedule is a little crazier. Add in an active social itinerary and it’s been go-go-go.Rosemary White Bean Panzanella #summer #salad #Italian Click To Tweet
Paul and I are going to a birthday cookout this weekend and our host asked me to bring a blog-worthy side dish. In an effort to save my sanity the bestie came over to keep me company while I worked on something fun that can be made in a flash. Naturally wine was involved!
Glass containers aren’t allowed in our community pool so several weeks ago we tried Black Box Wines and really enjoyed it. The idea of boxed wine initially made me a little nervous but then I read it has won over 50 Gold Medals for its quality, not to mention it costs less than comparable bottle wines. It stays fresh for up to 6 weeks but I know it won’t last that long at the casa. lol
I love that it is so portable; perfect for an afternoon by the pool, camping this fall or a trip up north to visit family. If you are a wine and travel enthusiast enter here for a chance to win a trip to the California wine region of your choice!
Panzanella salad is a favorite of mine for outdoor parties because it is easily prepared and travels well. In fact, after I finished making this hearty Tuscan-inspired version we decided to get out of the casa. The bestie grabbed the box of wine, I packed a travel container of salad and we headed to the pool for a little lunchtime R&R.
The cabernet sauvignon was a perfect compliment to the creamy white beans, herby rosemary and flavorful sun-dried tomatoes. Visit the Simple Entertaining Social Hub for more great entertaining ideas!
What is your favorite on-the-go summer recipe?
- 5 ounces diced pancetta
- 8 ounces garlic herb croutons
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 ounces fontinella cheese, cut in ¼ inch cubes
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons finely minced parsley
- 3 tablespoons finely minced rosemary
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook pancetta until slightly crispy, 3-4 minutes. Drain on a paper towel lined plate, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine pancetta, croutons, tomatoes, beans, cheese and sun-dried tomatoes.
- In a small bowl whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour dressing over salad mixture; stir to coat thoroughly. Serve room temperature.