This all-in-one Southwest Steak And Eggs Skillet is just what your lazy weekend morning needs. Tender strips of steak with onions, peppers, tomatoes and crispy hash browns topped with melty cheese and baked with eggs.
Southwest Steak And Eggs Skillet
I don’t know about you but when I get a craving for something, the feeling nags at me until I satisfy it!
And who wants to spend forever cooking when you are ready to stuff your face? lol
So when we recently had the intense desire to have breakfast for dinner this all-in-one Southwest Steak And Eggs Skillet was just the thing!
My favorite part of this skillet is you can customize it how you want with delicious toppings!
Like a little ketchup on your hash browns? How about some salsa and sour cream?
You could even go to the opposite extreme and drizzle a little maple syrup on top for a sweet and spicy combo!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ pound thin cut breakfast steak
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 cups fresh or frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Desired number of fresh eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large cast iron or oven safe skillet over medium heat.
- Add steaks, sear 1 minute on each side. Set aside on a plate to rest.
- Add tomatoes, onion, peppers and garlic to skillet. Saute 3-4 minutes until slight soft.
- Mix in hash browns, cook 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Thinly slice steak and return to skillet.
- Sprinkle cheese over mixture.
- Top with desired number of eggs.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until eggs reach desired doneness.