Spaghetti and Meatball Soup has all the flavors of your favorite pasta dish in a warm, comforting soup. Top with fresh herbs and garlic croutons for a quick, delicious meal.
We are down to the last 2 days of packing before the big move! Things are a mess in the casa kitchen and I am pretty sure I haven’t slept since last week. For the last year I have told Paul I can blog from anywhere, but I take it back. Sure it can be done, but when you are dealing with food photography nothing compares to your own space.
The new casa kitchen is bee-u-ti-ful and I can’t wait to share it with you, but in the meantime how about a nice bowl of soup?
Growing up we moved several times; the biggest was relocating from Missouri to Illinois when I was in 8th grade. My brother and step-dad went first to find a house and get settled, then me and mom followed a few months later. It was difficult for the family to be split up, but at the same time it was nice to have mom all to myself.
Meals during that chaotic phase were simple to make and easy to clean up, much like they have been around here the last few weeks. Don’t forget we thought we were moving in November! Yes, things have been in complete disarray for that long. We always had a spaghetti night and mom always reached for a jar of RAGÚ® pasta sauce. It was a childhood staple.
When there’s no time for homemade pasta sauce, a jar of RAGÚ® pasta sauce is happily waiting in the pantry. I love that they have so many different flavors and varieties, like the roasted garlic I used in this Spaghetti and Meatball Soup recipe. This soup calls for store-bought meatballs but you can check out my Spicy Italian Meatballs recipe for a delicious homemade version!
Please don’t judge… we all need shortcuts every now and again!
What is your best quick meal kitchen hack?
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 14-ounce cans Italian flavored diced tomatoes
- 1 24-ounce jar pasta sauce
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 small package frozen meatballs (approximately 26)
- 8 ounces ditalini pasta
- Grated mozzarella cheese, optional
- Garlic croutons, optional
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish, optional
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil, onions and oregano, sauté 3-4 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes, cook 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in pasta sauce and stock.
- Mix in meatballs and pasta. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat and simmer 8-10 minutes.
- Serve hot. Garnish as desired.