Dress up your favorite sandwich with my Spicy Garlic Quick Pickles.Spicy Garlic Quick Pickles are the perfect #sandwich topper! #pickles #homemade #foodie Click To Tweet
Cucumbers are in season so I have been pickling up a storm lately. One of my favorite local farms, On the Vine Farms, has the best pickling cukes and they just keep showing up in my basket at the farmers market… It works for us, pickles are by far one of my favorite snacks.
I make a variety of different types of pickles but these Spicy Garlic Quick Pickles are by far a casa favorite. The bestie and I developed this recipe months ago on one of our wine-Mondays.
Lots and lots and lots of garlic is what makes these guys so yummy. And plenty of red pepper flake for heat. Black peppercorns and mustard seed round them out. They paired perfectly with my Mustard Thyme Pulled Pork Sandwiches.
- 2 pounds pickling or Kirby cucumbers, slice to desired thickness
- 12 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons mustard seed
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flake
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pack cucumbers into 2 16-ounce jars. Divide garlic, peppercorns, mustard seed and red pepper flake equally between jars.
- In a small saucepan add water, vinegar, sugar and salt. Bring to a low boil, cook until sugar dissolves.
- Pour brine into each jar until veggies are covered. Cool, cover and store in the refrigerator. Pickles will be ready in 1-2 hours.