Toss this Spicy Spinach Pesto with pasta, scoop it up with pita chips or even spoon it over your next steak! Fresh spinach, garlic, parmesan cheese, roasted red bell and spicy jalapeno peppers with toasted pecans.
Spicy Spinach Pesto
Pesto is an easy to recipe to make and so much fun to mix up with different ingredients. We love bold flavors and this Spicy Spinach Pesto is will have your taste buds dancing!
Things are def warming up in Arizona and the produce at the farmers market reflects the changing seasons. The last few weeks several vendors have had fresh roasted peppers. And I do mean fresh, many of them are roasting peppers on the spot! The smell is mouthwateringly tantalizing!
We love to eat them on sandwiches, in pastas and they pair wonderfully with hearty, fresh spinach in this Spicy Spinach Pesto. They completely make the dish! I love that all my ingredients are locally sourced, right down to the olive oil.
If you are a pesto fan then check out my Arugula and Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Bucatini!
- ½ cup roasted red bell peppers
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup toasted chopped pecans
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 cups packed fresh spinach
- ¼- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add peppers, garlic, pecans and cheese to a food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Add spinach, pulse to blend completely.
- Drizzle in oil while pulsing until desired consistency is reached.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.