Pair these 5-ingredient Spinach Asiago Pizza Rolls with a simple salad and your favorite wine for an easy #meatfree meal.
Pinwheels made from pre-made pizza dough, pizza sauce, garlic, fresh spinach and grated Asiago cheese.
Spinach Asiago Pizza Rolls
Are you ready for the holidays? I still can’t believe that it is almost Thanksgiving!
It is has been tough to plan our big holiday meal with near-record 90 degree temps in Phoenix the last week.
So today I set aside all the complicated timelines, lengthy shopping lists and menu planning to indulge in these ridiculously easy-to-make Spinach Asiago Pizza Rolls.
Monday has become my day to eat lighter and detox a little after the weekend.
I usually stick with salads, skipping meat and heavy breads. But today was exceptionally busy and this gal needed something extra special!
And in my world ‘special’ means wine and carbs!
But nothing so crazy that I would hate myself later.
Kinda like when I made my Cheesy Chipotle Pull-Apart Bread. They have just the right amount of crusty dough, melty cheese and a hint of spice!
So here is my late lunch-turned-blog-post!
- 1 pre-made pizza dough
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup grated Asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a regular muffin tin with non-stick spray, set aside.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Shape into a 12 inch by 8 inch rectangle.
- Evenly spread sauce over dough.
- Spread spinach and garlic evenly on top of sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Starting with long side of the dough, carefully roll into a log.
- Cut log into 12 1-inch pinwheels.
- Place each pinwheel in a muffin cup.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.