Spinach Bacon and Tomato Pasta is a simple, delicious dish you can have ready in no time. Bucatini is tossed with local spinach, crisp bacon, fresh tomatoes and sharp white cheddar cheese then drizzled with roasted garlic olive oil.
Things have been pretty quiet around the casa this week. On Tuesday we said goodbye to our buddy Renegade, aka orange cat. He had a great big personality we are already missing. No one has had much of an appetite so I have been making light dishes like this Spinach Bacon and Tomato Pasta.
~ Spinach Bacon and Tomato Pasta ~
Simple pasta recipes are a good way to clean out the fridge in anticipation of Sunday’s farmers market trip. Plus the more I use out of the panty the less we have to move in a few weeks. It is a win-win considering the situation.
Rather than cook the spinach I opted for a fresher approach, similar to pesto. The greens went in the food processor along with cooked bacon and a little garlic. Once your pasta is cooked, reserve about a cup of the pasta water before draining it.
Toss the pasta with your spinach mix and fresh grape tomatoes. Heat from the pasta will wilt the greens and warm the tomatoes slightly. Add the cheese and just enough pasta water to make a light sauce. I drizzled mine with a little roasted garlic olive oil. You can buy infused oils at the grocery store or make your own.
Stay tuned next week for my take on confit garlic!
The great thing about this dishes like this Spinach Bacon and Tomato Pasta is you can serve it hot, room temperature or even cold like a pasta salad. Top with additional grated cheese and black pepper for a light, easy meal. It goes wonderfully with a glass of white wine and a little crusty bread dipped in garlic oil.
Let me know if you like this one!
- 1 pound bucatini or spaghetti pasta
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach
- 6 strips cooked bacon
- 1 clover garlic
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, finely grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roasted garlic olive oil for garnish
- Cook pasta al denta according to package directions.
- Add spinach, bacon and garlic to a food processor or blender. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Toss pasta with greens, tomatoes and cheese. Add pasta water as needed. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle with oil before serving.