4 skinless boneless chicken thighs, pounded out
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 small shallot, minced
½ small red pepper, diced
2 cups fresh spinach
½ cup ricotta cheese, drained
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese
¼ cup breadcrumbs
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Wash and pat dry chicken thighs; lay them flat, inside up. Season with salt & pepper on both sides.
- In a skillet heat the olive oil. Add shallot/red pepper to skillet and sauté until softened; add garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- Add spinach; season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-4 minutes until wilted. Let cool.
- Mix remaining ingredients up to egg in a medium bowl, salt/pepper to taste. Add egg & mix well. Stir in spinach mixture.
- Place 2 tbsp of spinach and cheese mixture on each thigh, evenly dispersing the remaining filling among the thighs as needed. You may have filling leftover!
- Roll chicken and secure with toothpicks, 2 per thigh.
- Wrap with slices of prosciutto then place face down in greased 8×8 baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 F degrees for approximately 30 minutes. Uncover & bake another 5-10 minutes until the prosciutto is browned. Internal temperature should be 160 degrees.
- Serve over rice or pasta.