Seasonal strawberries combine with local produce in this sweet and spicy Strawberry Pico de Gallo. Made with diced strawberries, local jalapeño peppers, shallots, parsley and a touch of honey.
Strawberry Pico de Gallo
I have to admit we have been snacking wayyyyy too much lately. And I don’t mean noshing on healthy fruits and veggies either. The kid has been bringing chips and cookies home from work that are such a temptation.
His metabolism can handle the extreme carbs, but not this momma. It just makes me lazy after a while. So today I whipped but a batch of Strawberry Pico de Gallo and didn’t feel bad at all for eating a big bowl of it! Yes there were a few corn tortilla chips involved, but not too many.
Because this pico is good enough to eat all on its on!
You could even serve this Strawberry Pico de Gallo on a toasted crostini with a little herbed goat cheese.
What summer recipe will you pile this delectable salsa on?
- 1 quart strawberries, stems removed and diced
- 1 large shallot, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2-3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- ½ tablespoon honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- Add all ingredients to a medium bowl, stir to combine throughly.
- Adjust amount of honey for desired sweetness.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.