Who says dessert can’t be healthy and delicious? This Strawberry Pie Smoothie has all the flavor of your favorite summer pie without the guilt!
Strawberry Pie Smoothie
I have been loving healthy dessert-like snacks lately. Makes me feel like I am enjoying a fun summer treat. But not overindulging.
It’s like having your cake, and eating it too! Or pie in this case. Namely a Strawberry Pie Smoothie with tons of seasonal strawberries, protein-rich Greek yogurt, almond milk, fresh grated ginger and a hint of lemon.
And don’t forget the whipped cream and crushed graham cracker crumbs. Reminds me of my other favorite dessert-inspired smoothie, a Key Lime Pie Smoothie. The added extras really make you feel like you are indulging in a delicious, late-summer slice of strawberry pie.
Kinda like the dark chocolate in my Dark Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie
You could add other berries or even rhubarb if that floats your boat. Or maybe a small drizzle of strawberry syrup instead of the crushed cookies. It all sounds so tempting!
What summer dessert recipe would you turn into a healthy smoothie?
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup strawberry or plain Greek yogurt
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- Almond milk
- Crush honey graham crackers for garnish
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Add strawberries, Greek yogurt, lemon juice and ginger to a blender. Pulse until combined.
- Add desired amount of almond milk and ice to reach desired consistency.
- Puree throughly.
- Place graham cracker crumbs on a small plate.
- Run lemon wedge around edge of glass, dip in crumbs. Repeat with additional glasses.
- Pour smoothies, top with whipped cream and cracker crumbs if desired.
- Serve immediately.