Say goodbye to summer berries by making this easy Summer Berry Skillet Cobbler. Raspberries, blueberries and blackberries with hints of lemon and Amaretto and a sweet, flaky biscuit topping.
Summer Berry Skillet Cobbler
Today is the last day of summer. For a lot of people that is a sad day, unless you live in Arizona! We are finally getting the cooler weather we long for during the sweltering summer months.
But before we go pumpkin spice everything let’s talk about the last of the summer berries lingering in your produced department. You know they are there, even if it is tough to see past the sheen coming off the apples!
Since it is finally cooling off I can run the oven without dropping the A/C several degrees. Which was the perfect time to make this super simple Summer Berry Skillet Cobbler. Fresh lemon zest and a hint of Amaretto liqueur really brings out the sweetness of the berries.
How are you celebrating the end of summer?
- 4 cups assorted fresh berries, washed and stems removed
- ½ cup white sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup Amaretto liqueur
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place berries, ¼ cup sugar, cornstarch and lemon zest in a large bowl. Toss to coat fruit.
- Stir in Amaretto, set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, remaining sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Slow incorporate milk and melted butter into flour mixture.
- Place berries and liquid into desired baking dish.
- Spoon biscuit dough over fruit.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
- Serve warm.