5 Ingredient Buffalo Mac and Cheese is the perfect school-night side dish or after-school snack for hungry teenagers. Delicious, spicy and easy enough they can make it themselves!
We are only 3 days into the school year and I already have cranky senior rummaging through the cabinets, looking for a snack, the moment he busts in the door. No matter how much food I send with him for lunch by the time he gets out of class he is starving. The first thing I hear when he gets home is ‘What’s to eat?’.
[bctt tweet=”5 Ingredient Buffalo Mac and Cheese #backtoschool #afterschoolsnack #buffalo #macandcheese “]
I love cooking for my family, the blog and pretty much anyone else who asks, but it does get a little old making multiple snacks/meals everyday for people. There are moments thought when I revolt and force the boys to cook for themselves. Especially at 3pm when I am staring a deadline in the face.
Luckily over the summer the kid learned how to make this super easy 5 Ingredient Buffalo Mac & Cheese. It is a slight adaptation of the mac& cheese I used in my Ultimate Fried Pickles. If you can boil water, you can make this dish. It really is that easy.
Add more or less buffalo sauce depending on your personal taste, just adjust the amount of milk until it is the consistency you want. You can also substitute gluten free pasta!
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk, room temperature
- ¼ buffalo wing sauce
- 2 cups grated mild cheddar cheese
- Prepare pasta al dente according to package directions; generously salt water.
- In a large saucepan simmer milk and cream cheese over medium low heat, whisking until cream cheese is melted. Stir in buffalo sauce and grated cheese until melted.
- Remove from heat; add pasta and stir to coat completely. Serve immediately.