This shop for 5 Laundry Tips for Newbies has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FreeToBe #CollectiveBias
Keep your recent grad set for success and looking good with all® free clear detergent and these 5 Laundry Tips for Newbies. Because being on your own for the first time is tough enough without having to worry about sensitive skin.
5 Laundry Tips for Newbies
We are down to 24 days folks! Only a handful of weeks before the kid grabs his pack and heads out into the world on his own. Or at least heads to Fort Benning, GA for Army basic training!
[clickToTweet tweet=”5 Laundry Tips for Newbies #FreeToBe ad @all_Laundry” quote=”5 Laundry Tips for Newbies #FreeToBe #sensitiveskin #lookinggood” theme=”style1″]
All summer he has been going to weekly soldier training with other recruits to help them prepare for the physical demands of training. And that means he comes home sweaty; covered in grass and pollen from running, hiking and doing drills.
My days of low crawling in the dirt are long over but it still makes my skin itch just thinking about it, which is why we keep our laundry separate!
Even though the kid has been doing his own wash with all® free clear detergent the last few years, I tend to help him out when he gets busy with work. Or is too busy hanging out with his friends. Or forgets and leaves his laundry basket lingering near the washing machine.
Wait a minute… Now that I think about it the little stinker has been purposefully avoiding his laundry most of the summer! Not that I blame him. Once he is in training it will be his responsibility to keep his uniforms clean. Just like all of his friends going to college this fall, they are on their own!
I love that all® free clear detergent is the #1 detergent recommended by Dermatologists, Allergists, and Pediatricians for Sensitive Skin. It will definitely help him combat seasonal allergens this fall when he is in Georgia. Because basic training is dirty, messy business.
And not only are the all® free clear Mighty Pacs® we picked up at Bashas’ grocery store convenient for young adults on-the-go, they also fight tough stains, whiten whites, and brighten colors. Which means the kid’s uniforms will be in top shape for inspections.
* all® free clear is not intended to treat or prevent allergies
Parents you can print, fill out and I suggest laminate this cheat sheet for your laundry newbie. Click the picture below to use my tips or select the customizable link above to make your own!
Now I know our kids listen to (and retain) every single piece of sage advice we give them. *giggle snort falls off chair laughing* But sometimes it’s nice for them to have a few reminders from home, a cheat sheet of sorts when it comes to a task like learning their way around a community laundry room.
Because news flash kiddos, unless you have the means to live alone YOU WILL HAVE TO SHARE certain facilities for the next few years. Whether it is a barracks or dorm laundry room, a public laundromat or the stackable machines in the apartment you share with 3 roommates you are not alone.
So here are my 5 Laundry Tips for Newbies~
- Always check your pockets. There is nothing worse than forgetting about an ink pen, USB drive or that cute someone’s phone number and running it through the wash.
- Read the instructions. On your washing machine and on your detergent.
- Sort whites from colors. You think we are being picky, but you will learn that favorite white shirt turns a sad dingy color after washing it with a new pair of jeans.
- Use the correct amount of detergent. Too much is a waste and not enough won’t get the job done. Stick with all® free clear Mighty Pacs® and take the guess work out of it!
- Never leave your clothes unattended in the machine. There are generations of laundry newbies still mourning their favorite hoodie or sweatshirt that magically disappeared while they went to the vending machines or for coffee only to lose track of time.
So no matter what the next step is for your young adult set them up for success with 5 Laundry Tips for Newbies. Continue the conversation by joining the all® free clear community and connecting with parents just like you!