Enjoy Apple Cheddar Tostadas for a fun late night snack or after school treat. Crispy corn tostadas sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar then piled high with a warm apple compote and sharp cheddar cheese.
Growing up in the midwest we didn’t eat a lot of Mexican food. My idea of south-of-the-border cuisine was late night Taco Bell and the occasional burrito from a local chain restaurant. It has been so long (about 20 years) that I can’t even remember the name of the place.
[bctt tweet=”Apple Cheddar Tostadas #dessert #fall #apple #foodie”]
What I do remember though is a dessert they served. It consisted of a crispy, cinnamon and sugar laden tostada shell topped with a gooey apple topping reminiscent of pie filling then sprinkled with finely grated cheddar cheese. They were so good, even now I remember the taste.
I am one of those people who when I get a craving for something, I have to have it! I love to make copycat versions at home of my favorite guilty pleasures, like my Copycat Meximelts or Copycat White Castle Burgers… oh, my beloved belly bombers!
Try these simple Apple Cheddar Tostadas and tell us what you think in the comments! Keep scrolling for delicious, 12 ingredient or less apple desserts from some of my favorite bloggers! Happy #snacking!
- 2 Fugi apples, finely peeled & diced
- 1 green apple, finely peeled & diced
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- ¼ cup sugar, divided
- Juice of 1 lemon (approximately 1 tablespoon)
- ½ tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 6 corn tostadas
- ¼ cup finely grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Add apples, water, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon and 2 tablespoons sugar. Cook 8-10 minutes until apples are softened.
- In a small bowl mix together lemon juice and corn starch. Add to apple mixture, stir thoroughly. Cook 1-2 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Brush tostadas with melted butter, sprinkle with remaining cinnamon and sugar.
- Top tostadas with an even amount of warm apple topping and sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
12 Months+ 12 Bloggers+ 12 Ingredients or less
Chocolate Chip Apple Pie Cheesecake Parfaits From Big Bears Wife
Caramel Apple Shortcakes from Betsy Life
Snickers Caramel Apple Bars from Home Cooking Memories
Apple Caramel Crepes from Cooking on the Front Burner
S’mores Salted Caramel Apple Nachos from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Apple Bacon Oat Bars from Bread Booze Bacon
No Bake Caramel Apple Cheesecake from A Night Owl Blog
Salted Caramel Cheesecake Apple Pie Bars from Pink Cake Plate
Apple Pie Chimi with Cheddar Cheese from I Love My Disorganized Life
Easy Apple Crisp from See Vanessa Craft
Apple Pie Crinkle Cookies from Around My Family Table