This post is sponsored by Sweet PotaTOASTS but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Treat yourself to this Apple Pork Sweet PotaTOASTS Snack Board – since snack boards are life. Plus everyone loves a deliciously nutritious meal hack, right?!
Hack Your Snack Board
When I say snack boards are life, it’s because we essentially exist on nothing else these days. To begin with – they are fun and easy to make once you master a few basics. A snack board, i.e. charcuterie board, crudités platter, or whatever you want to call your personal masterpiece, is my favorite way to hack the kitchen and clean out the fridge/freezer. Personally I love the endless options. You can literally put anything on a snack board, like these seriously yummy Apple Pork Sweet PotaTOASTS with a creamy chive spread.
In a nutshell Sweet PotaTOASTS are a clean label, single ingredient bread replacement made from real sweet potato slices. No messy kitchen, they do all the work for us! I found the Original flavor in the freezer aisle at my local Fresh Thyme here in Columbus. While we adore a classic baguette, I am not going to miss the chance to indulge in the world’s first superfood toast, from the creators of CAULIPOWER pizza. Especially considering this toast is an excellent source of vitamins and fiber. Next time I am for sure trying the Sea Salt & Olive Oil version!
- Add this offer to your mobile wallet
- Purchase Sweet PotaTOASTS & keep your receipt
- Open our card in your mobile wallet & tap on the “scan receipt” link
- Follow the simple prompts to submit an image of your receipt
- Receive $3 via PayPal
What makes these toasts so darn great for our snack board is that they are already pre-baked. All you have to do is pop them in your toaster, toaster oven, or air fryer and enjoy your superfood ‘toast’ in minutes. Then comes the fun part – piling on your favorite toppings!
Balance Sweet Apples + Savory Pork
I plan to get real creative with my future Sweet PotaTOASTS, can you say PIZZA PotaTOASTS! – but for now my palate craves classic flavors like apples, pork, and rosemary that blend beautifully with our fave new veggie toast hack. So we topped our toasts with a creamy chive spread. Which is nothing more than than a shallot and chive flavored soft cheese from the deli section mixed with a little half and half. Goat cheese is another excellent option! Thinning it out makes it much more spreadable. Next top them with a simple sautéed mix of rosemary sage pork sausage, caramelized apples, and shallots. Lastly garnish with minced rosemary and roughly chopped arugula.
After topping our toasts it was just a matter of adding various bite-sized fruits, vegetables, and cheeses to round out this epic Apple Pork Sweet PotaTOASTS Snack Board. I choose a rosemary asiago cheese, red grapes, fresh slices of red bell pepper, sliced Granny Smith apples, and marcona almonds.
Apple Pork Sweet PotaTOASTS
- Oven, toaster, toaster oven, or air fryer
- 1/2 lb rosemary sage pork sausage
- 1 large Granny Smith apple diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 large Jazz (sub any sweet variety) apple diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces chive soft cheese
- 2 tbsp half and half
- 1 tbsp fresh minced chives optional
- 1 16-ounce bag Sweet PotaTOASTS prepared according to package directions
- Various bite-sized fruits, vegetables, and cheeses for snack board
- Preheat oven and prepare toasts according to directions, approximately 12-15 mins.
- While toasts cook, heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add sausage, crumble and cook 3-5 minutes. Mix in diced apples and sprig rosemary. Cook another 5-7 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup water, chicken stock, or white wine to deglaze skillet. Set aside to cool slightly.
- To make spread - add soft cheese to a small bowl, stir in half and half to reach desired consistency.
- To build snack board - line serving tray/board with parchment paper. Smear chive spread on toasts, top with sausage apple mix and arugula. Place on board along and garnish with greens. Surround toasts with bite-sized fruits, vegetables, and cheeses as desired. Serve immediately.
I hope you like this Apple Pork Sweet PotaTOASTS Snack Board as much as my crew does. If you love these delicious bite-sized recipes, you can find more like it by checking out my Appetizer section! For recipe inspiration delivered to your inbox, subscribe to my newsletter, follow my photography journey on Instagram, and for generally inappropriate humor follow like me on Facebook!