These Baked Italian Sliders are the perfect weeknight meal or game day snack. Italian deli meats, tons of melty cheese and a flavorful marinara sauce layered together on dinner rolls, smothered in garlic butter and baked to crispy perfection.
Baked Italian Sliders
Fall is right around the corner which means busy weeknights, shorter days and football season! I appreciate all of the seasons but there is just something special about gathering with friends to watch our favorite teams. [bctt tweet=”Baked Italian Sliders #gameday #snacks #party” username=”thyme4cocktails”] And then there’s the food! Nothing compares to game day tailgate goodies. These Baked Italian Sliders are a hybrid of the baked hoagies my mom made when I was a kid and funeral sandwiches, little ham and cheese sliders I first had while living in Alabama. They are a delicious make ahead dish that is perfect for your next tailgate get-together. Dinner rolls are piled with marinara sauce, deli meats and lots of cheese then smothered in melted garlic butter. As the sandwiches sit they absorb all the amazing flavors then get all crispy and melty when you bake them! Very much like my Baked Breakfast Sandwiches. Which is one of the most view recipes on Thyme for Cocktails! I can be a bit of a tomato snob so when I saw the Mezzetta pasta sauces made with San Marzano tomatoes I knew I just had to try them. They are the world’s best tomatoes, hailing from the rich soils of Italy’s San Marzano region. And Mezzetta keeps it simple, using the fewest, freshest, and finest ingredients in their sauce. Definitely a great addition to my Baked Italian Sliders. And you don’t want to forget extra for a dipping sauce on the side. What’s your favorite game day snack? Enjoy~ Loriann
Baked Italian Sliders
- 1 12-count package dinner rolls
- 1 cup marinara sauce divided
- 1 pound deli ham cut into 2-inch square pieces
- 1/2 pound deli salami
- 3 slices bologna or other desired deli meat cut into quarters
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut rolls in half lengthwise, place bottoms in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Spoon 1/4 cup marinara sauce over bottoms.
- Evenly layer deli meats on rolls.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheeses.
- Replace roll tops.
- Place butter in a small bowl, melt in microwave. Add garlic powder and Italian seasonings, stir to combine.
- Pour garlic butter over rolls. Let rest at least 15 minutes or overnight.
- Bake uncovered 12-15 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Cut sliders apart and serve with remaining marinara sauce on the side.