Tired of the same boring burgers on the grill? These Balsamic Rosemary Sliders give ordinary weeknight burgers a sophisticated makeover with fresh herbs and an easy 4-ingredient smokey Honey Jalapeño Aioli.
Balsamic Rosemary Sliders
My husband Paul is a grill kinda guy. Reminds me of a hibernating bear, only coming out during the summer months to forage for food. He is the master of charcoal and lighter fluid. If the sun is shining he is headed out for grilling supplies. Today though I am taking command of the grill; he gets a break and I can use my adorable new hibachi for the first time to makes these Balsamic Rosemary Sliders! It might not be a big fancy manly monstrosity but it is perfect for patio grilling when you are limited on space.
Honey Jalapeño Aioli
I am elevating our everyday burgers by adding earthy rosemary grown on our front porch and a dash of tangy balsamic vinegar. Rosemary is such a fragrant herb that a little goes a long way. You want a hint of flavor that isn’t over powering. The same holds true with the Honey Jalapeño Aioli – be sure to remove the seeds and ribs of the jalapeño pepper – that is where all the heat is stored! Grilling the pepper first also helps cut some of the heat. Instead of straight up spiciness you get a bold smokey flavor.
Top these Balsamic Rosemary Sliders with my spicy Honey Jalapeño Aioli made from local ingredients and you have the perfect grill recipe!
I hope you like these Balsamic Rosemary Sliders as much as my crew does. If you love this delicious slider recipe, you can find more like it by checking out my Grill section! For recipe inspiration delivered to your inbox, subscribe to my newsletter, follow my photography journey on Instagram, and for generally inappropriate humor follow like me on Facebook!
Balsamic Rosemary Sliders with Honey Jalapeño Aioli
- For the sliders~
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove large garlic grated
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- For the aioli~
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper seeds removed and diced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Additional items~
- 6 slider buns
- Green leaf lettuce for topping
- Sliced red onion for topping
- Heat grill to medium heat according to manufacturer directions.
- In a large bowl add slider ingredients; combine thoroughly without overworking the mixture. Divide into 6 equal portions; shape into patties and set aside.
- Place sliders on grill; cook 2-3 minutes on each side until desired doneness. Remove and let rest 5 minutes.
- Cut jalapeños in half from root to tip, remove seeds and ribs. Rub peppers with canola oil, lightly salt and pepper. Place on grill, cut side down. Grill 3-4 minutes on each side until slightly charred. Remove and cool slightly.
- Remove skins from peppers and finely dice. In a small bowl add peppers, mayonnaise, honey and vinegar. Stir together; salt and pepper to taste.
- Build sliders as desired.