This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingsfordFlavor #CollectiveBias
Enjoy time around the grill on Father’s Day making these Balsamic Rosemary Sliders with Honey Jalapeño Aioli.
For the longest time Father’s Day was a pretty elusive holiday for the kid and I. We know a ton of awesome dads; family friends, longtime co-workers and pleasant acquaintances willing to step in as a surrogate when this single mom needed a break. In fact, years ago my (now) husband was one of those people… Neither of us could have guessed one day we would be celebrating as a family!
My husband Paul is a grill kinda guy. Reminds me of a hibernating bear, only coming out during the summer months to forage for food. He is the master of charcoal and lighter fluid. If the sun is shining he is headed to The Home Depot for grilling supplies.
This year for Father’s Day though I am taking command of the grill; he gets a break and I can use my adorable new hibachi for the first time! It might not be a big fancy manly monstrosity but it is perfect for patio grilling when you are limited on space.
We have a standard rule in the casa that if you cook you don’t have to clean… or run to the store because you forgot to buy charcoal. *sigh* I sent the boys to go pick up the Kingsford Original Twinpack, on sale at the Home Depot for $9.88 until 6/21. I am a sucker for savings when things are over half off! Click here to find the store nearest you.
I am elevating our everyday burgers by adding earthy rosemary grown on our front porch and a dash of tangy balsamic vinegar. Top sliders with a spicy creamy aioli made from local ingredients and you have a perfect for the grill recipe any Dad will love! Find more recipe inspiration here.
What are you grilling for Father’s Day?
- For the sliders~
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove large garlic, grated
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- For the aioli~
- 1-2 medium jalapeños
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½-1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Additional items~
- 6 slider buns
- Green leaf lettuce
- Sliced red onions
- Heat grill to medium heat according to manufacturer directions.
- In a large bowl add slider ingredients; combine thoroughly without overworking the mixture. Divide into 6 equal portions; shape into patties and set aside.
- Place sliders on grill; cook 2-3 minutes on each side until desired doneness. Remove and let rest 5 minutes.
- Cut jalapeños in half from root to tip, remove seeds and ribs. Rub peppers with canola oil, lightly salt and pepper. Place on grill, cut side down. Grill 3-4 minutes on each side until slightly charred. Remove and cool slightly.
- Remove skins from peppers and finely dice. In a small bowl add peppers, mayonnaise, honey and vinegar. Stir together; salt and pepper to taste.
- Build sliders as desired.