Enjoy my Black Bean Green Chile Hummus for a healthy treat on-the-go! Perfect for busy moms, school lunches and late afternoon snacks.
Why have I never thought of this recipe idea before? That’s the questions I was asking myself the other day. The bestie has worked in Mediterranean restaurants for years and we frequently discuss how much he dislikes making hummus. I am not a big fan of garbanzo beans so it’s not at the top of my list either.
[bctt tweet=”Black Bean Green Chile Hummus #glutenfree #vegetarian #vegan #meatless #foodie”]
Now black beans on the other hand, I adore them. In fact I talk about my love of beans in my Green Chile Three Bean Salad recipe post. Green chiles & beans just go so darn good together… so why not give hummus a southwest make over!
Green chiles make the casa kitchen go-round… or something like that. We like them. A lot.
Tortilla chips, lime flavored pita chips and bell pepper strips are great dippers. Like things spicy, add a little red pepper flake for heat. Smear some on a tortilla, add a ton of veggies and enjoy a guilt-free #meatlessMonday.
You get the picture, right? It is a very versatile recipe! How would you personalize it?
- 2 can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 4-ounce can green chiles
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano (substitute regular oregano)
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Add all ingredients to a food processor. Blend until almost smooth. Add additional olive oil if needed. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips, lime flavored pita chips or bell pepper strips.