This Caramel Walnut Banana Bread puts a fall twist on a classic favorite. Moist banana bread made with ricotta, Amaretto liqueur and brown sugar then covered in chopped walnuts and caramel sauce.
Caramel Walnut Banana Bread
We are 13 weeks into treatment because of our July 4th car accident. It has been a longer road than any of expected but there is light at the end of the tunnel.
[bctt tweet=”Caramel Walnut Banana Bread #fall #brunch #breakfast #bananas” username=”thyme4cocktails”]
After 2 weeks of adjustments, injections and appointments I decided to lighten up our last visit with this fall inspired Caramel Walnut Banana Bread. Dr. Mike has been my chiropractor for 15+ years making him feel more like family than practitioner and a single guy needs to eat!
Ricotta makes this bread super moist while brown sugar and Amaretto give it richness. No booze? Add almond extract instead.
I like the walnuts on top where they can create a crispy, caramelized crust with the caramel sauce instead of hiding inside the bread.
What is your favorite fall baking project so far?
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- ¼ cup ricotta
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto liqueur
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cups flour
- ½ up chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Lightly butter parchment, set aside.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream together butter and sugar until fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add banana, ricotta and Amaretto, mix until throughly combined.
- Incorporate eggs one at a time.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into batter until fully combined.
- Pour batter into prepared load pan.
- Top with chopped walnuts and caramel sauce.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until golden brown. Test in the center with a tooth pick. Bread is done when it comes out clean