Cheese Stuffed Crockpot Meatloaf Recipe
I made this meatloaf for my honey on Father’s Day in 2014! Which means this post really, really needs to be updated. In the meantime the recipe for this Cheese Stuffed Crockpot Meatloaf is a tried and true favorite. Meatloaf is probably Paul’s favorite food of all time which means I have several versions for different occasions. Like these Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Stuffed Poppers which are GREAT for your halftime party.
Rolling the meatloaf isn’t nearly as tricky as it seems. Having the parchment paper under it really helps you manipulate the whole mess. We used spicy cheese curds for the center but you can use any kind of grated cheese you like. If you want to get really crazy too you can layer in things like roasted red peppers or even more vegetables like spinach for an added flavor boost! I challenge you to get creative with this recipe idea!
Our favorite thing about this version is it’s cheesy and that it is great for weeknights or anytime you don’t want to run the oven. Now you can bake this Cheese Stuffed Crockpot Meatloaf in the oven like a traditional meatloaf. Just place it on a baking tray and pop it in the oven at 350°F for about 50-60 minutes until done!
I hope you like this Cheese Stuffed Crockpot Meatloaf recipe as much as my crew does. If you love this fresh, seasonal soup recipe, you can find more like it by checking out my Main Dish section! For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to my newsletter, follow me on Instagram, and for generally inappropriate humor follow like me on Facebook!
Cheese Stuffed Crockpot Meatloaf
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 small onion grated
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 1 rib celerey finely diced
- 1/2 small green bel pepper finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp ketchup plus more for topping
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- Line a baking sheet or jelly roll pan with parchment paper and set aside. Line a large crockpot with aluminum foil leaving about 2 inches hanging over the edge.
- In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients except the cheese. Don’t overwork the mixture.
- Place the meat mixture onto the lined baking sheet and gently flattened it out. Spread the cheese in the center of the meat leaving about a 2 inch border.
- Grasp the parchment paper with one hand on one of the shorter sides of the pan and start to gently pull upwards. Use your other hand to tuck the end of the meat in on itself creating a roll. Continue to carefully roll the meat mixture in on itself while pulling the parchment paper upwards and away.
- Gently press the seam and sides to seal the roll, shaping it into a loaf.
- Place the meatloaf seam side down in the crockpot. Brush top with ketchup.
- Cook until the internal temperature is 165°F, approximately 6-8 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high.
- To remove the meatloaf grasp the aluminum foil and carefully lift it out of the crockpot. Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before cutting.