When you get tired of making sandwiches with your holiday leftovers whip up these individual Cheesy Ham Potato Pot Pies topped with a flaky buttery crescent rolls crust. They are warm, filling comfort food at it best! -[ultimate-recipe-jump]
Do you prepare an overabundance of food for holiday meals? Is this Easter really going to be different? You cook and cook and cook… then inevitably have leftovers for days. That is when the fun starts. These super easy Cheesy Ham Potato Pot Pies are perfect for when you are tired of eating the same boring leftovers!
Cheesy Ham Potato Pot Pies
The vegetables in this recipe are all basic staples you probably have leftover from your holiday cooking binge. Potatoes, onions, celery, and carrots. Oh and hide a can of crescent rolls in the fridge so you have everything you need to make these individual Cheesy Ham Potato Pot Pies. They even have crescent dough in one big sheet which is ideal for this recipe.
I opted for a thicker filling because, hello cheesy potatoes! You can add more milk if you prefer a looser cheese sauce though. Feel free to mix it up with different veggies and cheeses too. Broccoli, peas, or corn would be an excellent addition. If you want to make a batch of Cheesy Ham Potato Pot Pies but there isn’t a holiday leftover in sight then use packaged cubes ham. Just go really easy on the salt because ham is salty. So is the cheese.
I hope you like our Crescent Rolls Cheesy Ham Potato Pot Pies as much as my crew does. If you love this recipe idea to repurpose your holiday leftovers, you can find more like it by checking out my Main Dish section! For recipe inspiration delivered to your inbox, subscribe to my newsletter, follow my photography journey on Instagram, and for generally inappropriate humor follow like me on Facebook!
Cheesy Ham& Potato Pot Pies
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 medium sized baking potatoes cut in ½ inch cubes
- 2 ribs ribs celery diced
- 2 medium carros diced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 4 ounces American cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme plus more for garnish
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place 4 individual 2-cup sized ramekins on a baking sheeting.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add olive oil and potatoes, cook 6-8 minutes.
- Mix in celery, carrots, onion, and garlic. Sauté 4-5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in butter and flour, cook 1-2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low and slowly stir in milk.
- Add chopped ham and simmer 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- While mixture simmers roll out crescent dough. Pinch seams together to form 1 large piece of dough. Cut into 4 equal parts.
- Remove potato mixture from heat. Add cheeses and thyme, stir until cheese melts. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon equal amounts of potato mixture into each ramekin. Top each dish with crescent dough, pinching edges to seal. Cut a small slit in top of dough.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Garnish with thyme and serve hot.